Charles “Chuck” H. Thibaut
Charles “Chuck” H. Thibaut grew up in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where he graduated from Chapel Hill High School in 1972. Mr. Thibaut attended Guilford College, where he lettered in cross country, and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and English in 1976. In 1981, he received his Juris Doctor degree from North Carolina Central University School of Law.
A shareholder at the firm, Mr. Thibaut joined Bagwell Holt Smith in 2013 and specializes in residential and commercial real estate as well as business law. Mr. Thibaut holds an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell for professional and ethical standards.
He sits on the board of directors of the PTA Thrift Shop and resides in Chapel Hill with his wife, Sylvia. When not working, he enjoys gardening, cooking and spending time with his son. He is a fourth degree black belt and certified instructor in Songahm Taekwondo and also plays in his band of over twenty years, If 6 Were 9.
North Carolina Central University School of Law
- J.D., 1981
- B.A. Political Science and English, 1976
University of London
Memberships and Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, Member, 1981
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- Orange County Bar Association, President, 1986 – 1987
- Judicial District 15-B Bar Association, President, 1995
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member