Entity Formation/New Business Start Up
Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. has been helping North Carolina business owners lay strong foundations for growth for over thirty years. We are dedicated to our clients and work hard to develop long-term relationships built on trust and mutual respect. We offer sound advice and expert legal services in a client-centered environment that values accessibility and good communication. Our comprehensive business formation services include guidance regarding entity decisions, the writing of effective contracts and agreements, advice on how best to capitalize on assets, as well as matters of real estate including the drafting of agreements and lease negotiation.
Choosing the right entity is one of the most important early decisions a business owner has to make and one that has implications involving matters of asset protection, tax benefits and legal liability. Making a good choice often requires the knowledge and advice of a skilled business formation attorney. Our experienced attorneys take the time to understand your needs and goals, answer all your questions, and guide you through the pros and cons of each entity so that you can make an informed decision.
Possible entities include:
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC): provides tax benefits and protects a shareholder’s personal assets
- S-Corporation: the responsibility to pay federal income taxes is passed on to the shareholders, avoiding corporate federal income tax
- C-Corporation: establishes the business as a separate entity responsible for paying applicable taxes
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP): the partners are the primary decision makers of the company, but have limited responsibility for debts and business obligations
We provide knowledgeable, effective representation in business law matters including:
- Shareholder agreements
- Articles of incorporation/organization
- Shareholder and operating agreements
To learn more about how Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. can represent your business, schedule a consultation.