Although homeowner associations exist to provide community services and protect property values, they can easily become a source of contention among neighbors. Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. understands the intricacies of HOA’s, both from a legal and economic perspective, as well as the emotions involved. We help boards and homeowners resolve conflicts through negotiation, mediation and, if necessary, litigation. We also assist HOA’s mitigate potential legal problems through the drafting of sensible, enforceable bylaws and contracts.
Whether you are a concerned board member looking for sound advice, an HOA in need of legal representation, or a homeowner that has a dispute against an HOA, our full-service comprehensive homeowners association and property management practice can help in a manner that is effective and cost efficient. We represent community association clients throughout North and South Carolina.
We assist in issues regarding:
- Covenants, conditions, restrictions and amendments
- Collection of delinquent assessments
- HOA bylaws and amendments
- HOA rules and regulations
- Enforcement of covenants and rules
- Responsibility for maintenance and repairs
- Architectural standards
- Construction defect litigation
Frequent HOA issues are due to restrictions placed on the homeowners. These restrictions may include:
- Colors accepted for home exteriors
- Landscaping on private residences
- Parking of multiple vehicles, RVs and boats
- Satellite dish placement
- Signs on private property
- Number and type of pets
- Vegetable gardens
Let the experience of our firm assist you with your HOA needs. Schedule a consultation today to discuss how we can resolve your legal matters.