At Bagwell Holt Smith P.A., we are experienced in handling domestic violence cases quickly and with compassion. We can obtain Domestic Violence Protective Orders and Rule 65 Civil Restraining Orders to protect our clients from assaults, harassment, stalking, threats and other acts. If a party violates a restraining order, he or she can be charged with a criminal offense, held in contempt, incarcerated or fined, depending upon the circumstances.
If you are seeking a restraining order, we can help you with legal representation on matters including:
- Drafting and filing a Complaint seeking a Domestic Violence Protective Order or a Rule 65 Civil Restraining Order
- Preparing the case for hearing
- Representation in court
- Collaborating with community resource centers and nonprofit agencies to provide additional victim support
We can answer all your questions about domestic violence and the law, including:
- What legal protections are available to protect a party and child/ren from the threat or infliction of physical, emotional or psychological abuse of a spouse or former partner?
- What protection does a Domestic Violence Protective Order provide?
- How quickly can a victim obtain a Domestic Violence Protective Order against a domestic violence offender?
- Is a Domestic Violence Protective Order valid and enforceable throughout North Carolina and the United States?
- What is the duration of a Domestic Violence Protective Order?
- What are the consequences to a domestic violence offender who violates provisions of a Domestic Violence Protective Order?
- How will a Domestic Violence Protective Order affect temporary custody of minor children?
- What related criminal charges can a victim file against a domestic violence offender?
- What local support groups are available?
- Is a domestic violence offender required to undergo an abuse treatment program?
- Is a civil no-contact order a more appropriate legal remedy?
If you need legal counsel for a domestic violence matter, schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney today at Bagwell Holt Smith P.A.