Zoning and Land Use
For complex property issues such as zoning restrictions and disputes, you need an attorney who understands the intricacies of land use and real estate laws. Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. has more than sixty years of combined experience in real estate law. Our attorneys will represent you aggressively and negotiate efficiently. We help individuals, developers, businesses and governmental agencies resolve their issues and avoid unscheduled delays and governmental obstacles so they can successfully complete their project.
We will take a land use or zoning ruling that you feel is unjust through the court system. We have successfully represented our clients in appeals to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and in petitions before the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Zoning and land use representation we provide includes:
- Handling rezoning cases
- Requesting zoning variances
- Correcting errors in deeds and plats
- Bringing land use nuisance actions
- Appealing government decisions that affect land use and zoning
- Drafting restrictive covenants and road maintenance and shared driveway agreements
- Contractual real estate issues, including disputes over termination of real estate contracts and the refund of escrow
Contact the real estate attorneys at Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. for more information about our practice.