Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Emily Hurtt practices in the Firm’s Family Law group, providing strategic, transparent legal advice with a deep commitment to clear communication and fulfillment of clients’ needs, regardless if it’s a single-issue matter, a recurring advisory role, or litigation.
In her career Emily has served as an Associate Member and Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review, was part of the Editorial Staff for Human Rights Quarterly, and worked in the Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic supporting entrepreneurship. A career highlight was working in the Center for Human Rights in Galway, Ireland, mapping human rights violations in the War on Terror. Prior to law school, Emily earned a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Kentucky.
She serves on the Professionalism Committee of the Wake County Bar Association and is a member of the Business and Professional Women of the Triangle. Outside of the office, Emily is a certified barre3 instructor and enjoys spending time with her husband and rescue dogs.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.
- University of Kentucky, B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude
Publications & Research
- What’s In A Name?: The Rights To Domain Names Under Various Principles
- Of Law. University of Cincinnati Law Review, March 2017
- Foreign Donations to US Political Campaigns, January 2019