Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Community Association Law
- Creditor Rights and Collections Law
Zach Wilson practices in the firm’s Community Association, Landlord-Tenant, and Civil Litigation groups, primarily representing landlords, housing providers, homeowners associations, townhome associations and condominium associations throughout North Carolina. He assists common interest communities with collection of delinquent assessments, foreclosures, disputes among neighbors, as well as providing guidance on the interpretation, application, and amendment of association governing documents. Zach counsels residential and commercial landlords, owners, and management companies faced with tenant disputes, evictions, occupancy issues, and security deposit disputes. He provides support to landlords by drafting leases, contracts, demand letters, and negotiating and litigating general civil disputes.
Born in Pittsburgh and raised in Richmond, Zach attended Campbell University School of Law, where he was a published member and submissions editor of the Campbell Law Review, and served as the chief justice of the student honor court, presiding over student conduct and academic violations. During law school, he was an intern with a federal trial judge, Judge Ann Marie Calabria of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, Senator Tamara Barringer, the Wake County Attorney, and the civil division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Following law school, Zach began his career in primary law publishing, while also assisting several local attorneys with legal research and writing.
Outside the office, Zach enjoys training for marathons, fly fishing, cheering for the Tar Heels and his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time discussing legal quandaries with his wife, Chelsea, who practices at a Raleigh tax and business firm.
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Christopher Newport University, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, 2013
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Lawyer on the Line Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney
- YMCA of the Triangle, Community HOPE Literacy Mentor
Publications & Research
- Crowdfunding Offering Disclosure Challenges, 38 Campbell L. Rev. 457 (2016)
Memberships and Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, Member, 2016
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- 10th Judicial District Bar, Member, 2016