A premarital agreement is a contract between a couple that oversees property rights, expenses, assets and liabilities. Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. understands marriage is a significant financial event and a premarital agreement can help establish expectations, avoid future litigation and help protect you, your spouse and children. Our family law attorneys have decades of combined experience drafting binding premarital agreements that help to ensure your assets, business interests and rights are protected.
A premarital agreement can be beneficial in these circumstances:
- You own significant assets
- You were previously married
- You have children from a previous marriage
- You own a business
- You want to preemptively decide your property or support rights in the event of a future separation
A premarital agreement can address:
- Division of property in the event of divorce
- Ownership of real property
- Premarital and future debts
- Alimony obligations
- Financial responsibilities of both spouses during the marriage
Contact Bagwell Holt Smith P.A. today to discuss drafting a premarital agreement.