Disputes between residential landlords and tenants are common, and often lead to the necessity of legal representation. Our experienced attorneys negotiate all matters of landlord/tenant law and, if the need arises, will aggressively litigate. Of course, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If you are a landlord, we can also help you draft rules and regulations for your property that will help protect you from future legal problems.
We represent landlords, tenants and property owners on these matters:
- Holdovers and nonpayment proceedings
- Damage to property disputes
- Security deposit disputes
- Contract actions between former tenants or landlords
- Allegations of wrongful evictions
- Injunctive and declaratory judgment actions
- Collections from nonpaying tenants
- Self-help evictions
- Breach of warranty of habitability
- Landlord liability
- Draft rental leases
If you need representation for a dispute with your landlord or tenant, contact an experienced attorney at Bagwell Holt Smith P.A.