Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
Elizabeth “Betsy” Gold was born aboard Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and was raised in a Marine Corps family. After moving around the world, she spent the majority of her childhood in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Her parents are native eastern North Carolinians. She completed her Bachelor of Arts degree from North Carolina State University in 2006. Post-graduation, she worked as a paralegal for a general practice firm in Morehead City, where she was inspired to go to law school. She received her Juris Doctor degree in 2011 and was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar that same year. Before joining Bagwell Holt Smith in 2020, Betsy practiced for years as a commercial and residential real estate attorney at a busy Raleigh law firm. She loves real estate and helping her clients navigate the important and memorable moments of developing, selling, and buying real estate.
Betsy lives in Durham with her husband and two sons. In her free time, she is active in the local Down Syndrome community and enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with family.
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- North Carolina State University, B.A., Media Communication, 2006 (cum laude)
Memberships and Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, Member, 2011
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2011
- North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2020
- Real Property Section Member
- Real Estate Lawyers of North Carolina Association, Member, 2014